Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ding Dong, Color Blocking is Dead

When I first started this blog, I was posting every other day, which became every week, which became roughly every one-to-two months. Which means...it's time for a new post!

Aside from my real life keeping me busy, there was a solid reason why I was silent about all things fashion for the past few months. No matter how much I try, color blocking and I are not meant to be. Sorry, color blocking lovers, you may hit "exit" at this moment. Everyone else, carry on...

Color blocking is, in my opinion, a fashion savvy-er word that means: "I don't know a thing about color coding so I just smacked on whatever that I could find." It would work if you want to look like a middle schooler, but definitely not if you want to look anywhere near mode. No matter how hard the fashion ads try to sell you that color blocked dress, pink and red don't go together. Nor will purple and yellow. Instead, try pink & black and purple & gold/silver.

As such, I was thrilled upon reading June issue of W magazine (one of my favorite fashion magazines!), where they previewed fall fashions. I figured color blocking would be a one-season-trend, and I was proven right! Yes, my dear mode-fashion lovers, color blocking is gone!!!

Here is the fashion spread I absolutely love. I may be biased, because I love black & white (with a hint of red) styling, but even still, this spread is so stylish and chic, it's hard not to love. This spread is photographed by Craig McDean, and styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve.

Dress & Boots: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere, Turtleneck: Alexander Wang, Gloves: Sermoneta Gloves, Tights: Leg Avenue 

Shirt: Jill Sander, Fishnet Turtleneck: Alexander Wang, Skirt: Lover, Gloves: LaCrasia Gloves, Belt: Yves Saint Laurent, Boots: Celine 

Leather Jacket, Top, Pants, Boots: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere, Fishnet Turtleneck: Alexander Wang

Coat: Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Jacket, Fishnet Turtleneck: Alexander Wang, Skirt: Celine, Visor: House of Flora, Gloves: LaCrasia Gloves, Boots: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere 

Top, Belt, Boots: Celine, Fishnet Turtleneck: Alexander Wang, Shorts: Raf Simons, Gloves: Sermoneta Gloves

Jacket, Top: Emporio Armani, Fishnet Turtleneck: Alexander Wang
In fashion, I always wish we can bypass summer and fast forward to autumn, just because fall fashions are always the most stylish of all. Wouldn't you agree?

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment