Thursday, January 27, 2011

Alexander McQueen Men's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection

To all of my non-fashion obsessed readers: the next post will be on a movie, just slightly delayed to have my post coincide with the release date.

Ahem.

As someone who has been obsessed with fashion, I have always wondered how men's clothes are being designed. There are just so many ways to reinvent the look with women's clothes, when compared to men's clothes. I am aware that I need to study more on men's styling area, but for the moment, I feel like a lot of the men's collections look very similar to one another. It is such that I was very curious to see how men's collections are being designed and styled by my favorite designer, Alexander McQueen.

I'm always fascinated by the fashion era, genre, or culture at which McQueen draws inspirations. McQueen always takes one style and reinvents with more Brit-rock'n'roll edge while maintaining grace. Sorry for my lack of adjectives, but that is just so. freakin. COOL. In this Men's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection, my "it" item of choice is a jacket.

I love this 20's-ish formalwear inspired jacket paired with an also vintage dress shirt. This look is way hotter than the overdone tuxedo in my book. I mean tuxedo look will always be James Bond-hot, but once in a while, a new formalwear should be introduced. :)

I LOVE this entire ensemble to the point where I would totally wear this. Fashionista 101: Forget the gender deal in fashion; if you like the clothes and can pull it off, wear them. The way I see it, true fashionistas shop at both men's and women's section at the store for a very simple reason. On some occasions, the design that I like only exists in one section and there's no way I'm letting the fact that "the clothes I want are not in my 'gender' section at the store" get in the way of fashion.

Shiny jacket? So futuristically cool and fun! Although, I probably won't be able to pull off this look. Darn. Maybe with some tailoring...

I love this 20's-ish aviator jacket, especially the dark green-brown combo colors. Unlike the shiny jacket above, I bet I can pull this one off...I think.

If you are interested, here's the entire Men's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection (all of the pictures are taken from there) and here's my earlier post on Women's Pre-Spring/Summer 2011 Collection.

xx-N

No comments:

Post a Comment