Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I would post new year's resolution, but I've never really got the purpose of the resolution, so I'm not doing that here. I don't understand why you're required to rack your brain and come up with stuff that you want to do at the beginning of the new year. If you ask me, just do what you want to do when you come up with the idea, regardless of the time of the year.

So instead, being the movie addict, I'm writing about random movies (and one album) to look forward to this year. I'm writing about only the ones with release dates, which makes most of them summer release movies. It's nice to have something to look forward to, right?

Jan 28 -- The Rite
Sir Anthony Hopkins playing a mysterious exorcist? Count me in. ;)

April 22 -- Water for Elephants
No, I'm not a Twilight-Rob Pattinson fanatic, and I have no idea what this movie is about (aside from the fact that it's about circus people) even after watching the trailer twice. I think Reese Witherspoon (Legally Blonde, Walk the Line) and Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Bastards) are wonderful actors -- thus my listing this movie.

May 20 -- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
I kinda have a feeling that this series has been overdone and there's little mermaid in this movie (she better not develop a crush on Jack and decide to give up her voice to become a human, because we've seen that movie already), but hey, it's Jack Sparrow. Besides, Penelope Cruz looks very awesome-cool as a pirate. :)

May 23 -- Born This Way, Lady Gaga's 2nd Album
It's Gaga, Lady Gaga. Enough said.

May 27 -- Kung Fu Panda 2
I got promptly skadooshed for leaving this one out, so to avoid further skadooshing, here it is. While we're at it, can someone please tell me what this sequel is about!? I swear, this trailer is far more confusing than Water for Elephants, and I lost the staring match. Damn you, computer graphic panda...you don't get dry eyeballs.

June 3 -- X-Men: First Class
I'm more excited for this than the Wolverine sequel (no offense, Hugh Jackman). Mainly because Professor X was apparently super hot (see this movie or that movie) before he turned into Captain Picard...wait what? No, I did not just mix up about 3-4 movies!

June 24 -- Cars 2
Cars + Pixar = <3

Dec. 16 -- Sherlock Holmes 2
On top of the awesome Robert Downey Jr. - Jude Law duo, Noomi Rapace (aka Lisbeth Salander from the original Millennium trilogy movies) is in it. Totally. Worth. Watching.


Lastly, here's to hoping that this year is going to be filled with happiness, love, and peace.

xx-N

PS: Special thanks to IMDB's this list for helping me write this article :D

2 comments: