Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

I'm pretty sure that most of my readers are well aware of the recent earthquake that hit Japan and Pacific region. As much as I would like to write down here how severe the damage is, I really can't. I can't write them all down because none of us know for sure exactly how many people have lost their lives, went missing, severely injured, or lost everything that mattered to them. Some cities got completely wiped out, and most of the people who lived in those cities are still missing. It's been speculated that the final death toll may very well go over tens of thousands. Most people probably survived the earthquake itself, as the buildings in Japan are highly earthquake-proofed. Then multiple tsunamis washed everything away in a matter of seconds. 

There are survivors. They are the ones who need help the most. In some areas, earthquake survivors are going on very little food and water, not to mention limited health care. In other areas, earthquake survivors are facing the possibility of radiation poisoning from the nuclear power plants that keeps overheating (in a nutshell, that's really what's going on). Many people have lost their loved ones, house, everything. They are alive, but they are going to need help to build back their life from scratch.

I really don't usually rally for donation, but this cause is something that I really care about. Also, I know my blog is not exactly getting tons of hits, but I still have one going on, so I would like to use it to help those people in need. I do understand that not everyone has the money to spare - I get that. However, if you do decide to help out, here is the link to American Red Cross. I think if you are from other locations, you can navigate to your country, and I'm sure they will have a similar donation site. 

Japan is already getting aid in many forms from (last I heard) 91 countries and regions. I am so grateful for all the support that keeps pouring in from all over the world. 

Thank you -- N

No comments:

Post a Comment