Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Evolution of Soccer Team

Huge HI and THANKS to my readers - what are they called? Not tweeps so...bleeps!? Come on guys, help me out here. Who's got better nickname? Anyway, thanks to all (and some by my own clicking), I got past the 100 hits. I'll try my best to keep my articles interesting ;)

Back to things I love. I have TONS, but I suppose if I had to break it down to huge pile, it'd be: nerdy techie stuff, arts, and sports. I don't want to fall under any single categories, so I'm going to try alternating among those topics. The topic for the day: SOCCER! As a sidenote, I also love baseball, but sadly, none of my teams are making it to the MLB playoffs, unless my fave team #2 decides to win at least 7 games in a row and this other team loses at least 7 games in a row...not to mention, my fave team #1 is long gone. sigh.

My love for Euro soccer started here. Of course, thanks to David Beckham :) 


Then Ronny came along and this team became my favorite for really long time. Basically, until they decided to get rid of him. Then there was some Euro soccer dark age for me. I sort of liked AC Milan, but not as much to really follow them because - I really don't know why - I guess to me, Ronny is always a Barca player. But really, a girl's gotta have her Euro soccer fix. 

While watching the World Cup, I probably did bug out enough of my friends with my craziness (sorry...). I was talking with one of my friends who was into soccer as well, and thus, less annoyed with my insta-hooligan-esque excitement. He suggested this team, I checked it out, and as it turns out they have a whole bunch of my favorite players from this World Cup! Not to mention, the soccer legend, Beckenbauer played there! And then there was light. Thanks mate.

Okay, maybe not so fast...Robben's out due to injury and most of the squad are on Germany national team, so maybe the team's condition is not at its best. But hey, the season has just started, which means the fun has just begun! 

xx-N

No comments:

Post a Comment