Friday, September 3, 2010

Happiness

So here I am, pondering over what to write for my first post.

With mere minutes, I did come up with at least 5 things to write about.  You know, movies...music...current events...sports...Gaga...  But that's all for later posts.

Then the perfect idea came to my mind.

In general, I try to do my best at doing small nice things to my friends once in a while.  Of course, I'm no Mother Teresa, and I'm way far from claiming that I'm good at it.  Yes, I do forget birthdays (and I'd be worse if my little black book called FB didn't tell me), and I'm probably not too good at the keeping in touch game over emails.  Let's be honest here, with the social networking deal spreading this wide, it's almost impossible to "like" every posts or reply-tweet on every feed you get.  But you can do small good things at least once a day.  Preferably offline.  "But why?" you may ask.  "Does it really make a difference if I compliment her new haircut? or his tie that actually matches his shirt for once?"  Yes, it does matter.  It makes people smile.  That person may have been having one crappy day, and needed that one reason to smile.

Wouldn't you love to give someone a small cup of happiness?

Happy Friday!

xx - N

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nao! I love your new blog! Your message of doing small good things every day is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie! Thank you so much - I'm glad you like the blog! I'm just getting started but I'll try to post frequently! :)

    ReplyDelete