Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friendship

Before I dive into my next post, I just would like to thank you all for taking your time to visit my blog.  As you can tell, I just started and had no idea whether I would get hits at all.  Turns out I did - thank you!

So in the previous post, I wrote about how I'm not going to win "the most awesome person in keeping in touch with friends" award.  Yes...I need to work on that.  Writing about that made me think about my friends, and I realized there are many different kinds of friends and all of them are special to me.  Just because some are not my BFFs and I don't spill every single details of my life doesn't mean that I care less. In fact, I seriously don't think friendship should get ranked or categorized - this is not middle school, or Fantasy Baseball/Football/(insert your sports obsession here).

Just this afternoon, I saw this twitter feed that had a caption from a Bob Dylan song.  That caption means nothing special except for just three of my friends.  While working on a project, the particular line became the running inside joke. Two years later, I swear all of us still get that joke and have a little laugh over it.  I don't know about them, but seeing that twitter feed, I sure did get that warm and fuzzy feeling in the heart of mine.  Well, actually my brain processed that, but it just looks so nice on paper if I used "heart" rather than "that wisecrackin' brain of mine."

I'm wrapping this up by sending one huge shout out to ALL of my friends - you rock, you're awesome, and thank you for playing a part in my life!!!

Have a cup keg...or two...or hundreds...of friendship love!  Happy weekend!

xx - N

No comments:

Post a Comment