Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

That's what my twitter feed said, so it's probably true, which means that my plan on writing about how much I adore Alexander McQueen Pre-Spring/Summer Collection 2011 got pushed back. Again. Do I get a "good call, matey" call and a raised rum bottle from all of my non-fashion-holic readers?

So in honor of the pirates - the ones from 16-18th century Caribbean - here's why they are awesome.
  1. I like skull motifs. But I'm not a goth. Details are for later posts :)
  2. The only occasion where guys can legitimately wear fluff-ed up shirt, scarf, rather tight pants, with optional black eyeliner. This said look can be "super hot," if you can correctly pull off the pirate vibe. Exhibit #1: Johnny Depp
  3. Pirates get to sail in galleon. Enough said. 
  4. Good pirates are usually good fencers - at least the ones who are alive at the end of the movie. I've taken up fencing before, and thus, I like it when fencing gets spotlight. 
  5. A whole bunch of pirates can make an awesome navy, and a great pirate can make an awesome navy captain. I didn't make this up - history proved this to be true. 
  6. Pirates usually make a great classic story (Treasure Island), or movies (you know which one). 
  7. Pirates have codes, that are more like guidelines. Apparently, they're pretty flexible on minor details. 
I didn't say the reasons are going to be serious, or unbiased. Savvy? ;)

xx-N

No comments:

Post a Comment